April 21, 2018, 03:41:31 AM
Hello Guest
 PopRocks N4 Tmo 5.0.1 Lp

October 01, 2015, 12:55:42 PM
Reply #15

Offline megalomanic14

Re: PopRocks N4 Tmo 5.0.1 Lp
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »
Anyone getting constant "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" popups with the latest updates?  ARGH...
No I haven't had that happen...when did it start? Just after setting up v14?

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have automatic updates turned off.  It happened just after I updated everything this morning.  Everything was fine last night.
I don't know that's super wierd...maybe play services needs to update...try opening like drive and Gmail ext...typically it'll prompt a manual update of services...or search it on play store as that's the only time I ever get the error message ime

Mega

Same for me. Gregma, did you try clearing data/cache for google play services & google services framework then rebooting?

Anyone getting constant "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" popups with the latest updates?  ARGH...

Mega

I have automatic updates turned off.  It happened just after I updated everything this morning.  Everything was fine last night.
I don't know that's super wierd...maybe play services needs to update...try opening like drive and Gmail ext...typically it'll prompt a manual update of services...or search it on play store as that's the only time I ever get the error message ime

Mega

Same for me. Gregma, did you try clearing data/cache for google play services & google services framework then rebooting?

Not yet, I'm waiting for the system to reboot after clearing dalvic

Well, clearing cache didn't do anything.  I uninstalled updates for the play services and the error stopped, but then all the google apps stopped working because I needed to update play services.  Went in and re-updated play services, and it seems to have stopped complaining.  Must have been a bad update.
Ok awesome bro... that's a pain in the ass so I'm glad that got you all sorted buddy

Mega

October 01, 2015, 01:22:01 PM
Reply #16

Offline gregma

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »

Mega

Mega

Mega

Mega

Well, clearing cache didn't do anything.  I uninstalled updates for the play services and the error stopped, but then all the google apps stopped working because I needed to update play services.  Went in and re-updated play services, and it seems to have stopped complaining.  Must have been a bad update.
Ok awesome bro... that's a pain in the ass so I'm glad that got you all sorted buddy

Mega

Well, I was wrong about the root cause.  It was an update to the Tune-In app.  As soon as I launched that, blam, broken play services.  Checked the play store and everyone is complaining about it.  LOL
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 01, 2015, 01:26:45 PM
Reply #17

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »

Mega

Mega

Mega

Mega

Mega

Well, I was wrong about the root cause.  It was an update to the Tune-In app.  As soon as I launched that, blam, broken play services.  Checked the play store and everyone is complaining about it.  LOL
Hahaha ok least you tracked down the curpit lol

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 01, 2015, 02:35:10 PM
Reply #18

Offline gregma

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
I'm sure this will come up here, so I guess I'll be the one to ask it.   :P

I have been reading that it is not a problem downgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1.  Is this really the case?  Any plans or chance of coming out with a 5.1.1 PR?
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 01, 2015, 03:05:05 PM
Reply #19

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »
I'm sure this will come up here, so I guess I'll be the one to ask it.   

I have been reading that it is not a problem downgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1.  Is this really the case?  Any plans or chance of coming out with a 5.1.1 PR?
It's only not a problem if you have are T Mobile note and flash the modded kernel/modded t3 5.1 build over cog2 base... but its not like the t3 can downgrade official 5.1...we don't have 5.1 for our n4 yet to test proper downgrade but I have the modded 5.1 t3 basically done...there's just so little gained vs pr that I've backburnered it to get the community up and goin

Mega

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:07:01 PM by megalomanic14 »

The following users thanked this post: gregma

October 01, 2015, 04:05:27 PM
Reply #20

Offline ar2o

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »
Then you have the "die hard always on the latest build goofs" that come to FK/PR and state that 5.1.1 is blowing 4.4.4/5.0.1 out of the water in terms of battery efficiency and performance ... and I just look at a comparison of our note 4 running FK/PR and laugh my testicles off! X'D

Sent from Mega's Finest FKv19XxX

The following users thanked this post: megalomanic14

October 01, 2015, 04:23:26 PM
Reply #21

Offline gregma

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
Then you have the "die hard always on the latest build goofs" that come to FK/PR and state that 5.1.1 is blowing 4.4.4/5.0.1 out of the water in terms of battery efficiency and performance ... and I just look at a comparison of our note 4 running FK/PR and laugh my testicles off! X'D

Having worked several years at a cell phone OS OEM company in their QA department, I know just how hellaciously expensive it is to release a new version to the manufacturers and even more when they release to the cell phone companies.  I just can't imagine that they would go through all that testing, all the expense to push out a new build that does basically nothing.  And when I worked at Amazon on the kindle OS, I know that we would never release a new build unless it at the minimum matched the previous build's performance (Our actual goal was a 10% increase in performance build to build.)

At the minimum there would be a number of bug fixes to both the google base, and the tmobile mods.  That's the reason I like staying at the most recent build.  I've worked with TMO when with the cell phone OEM company, there is no way they would push out a new build without major bug fixes.

Just an insiders view.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

The following users thanked this post: megalomanic14

October 01, 2015, 04:26:21 PM
Reply #22

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 04:26:21 PM »

What'd weird about it to me is... it's only been those four five dudes that happened to get t3 replacement lol... I think only one dude with an actual note for like ours has said that and then he quit saying after like v11 came out or so... then on the flip side  they keep coming back asking for a poprocks build on 5.1 it doesn't make sense lol... sp its either one of the most amazing bass ever somehow crushing the note 51 which is just like our pop rocks or they're full of shit lol

Mega

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:34:01 PM by megalomanic14 »

The following users thanked this post: dmkarkutt

October 01, 2015, 04:30:36 PM
Reply #23

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 04:30:36 PM »

Having worked several years at a cell phone OS OEM company in their QA department, I know just how hellaciously expensive it is to release a new version to the manufacturers and even more when they release to the cell phone companies.  I just can't imagine that they would go through all that testing, all the expense to push out a new build that does basically nothing.  And when I worked at Amazon on the kindle OS, I know that we would never release a new build unless it at the minimum matched the previous build's performance (Our actual goal was a 10% increase in performance build to build.)

At the minimum there would be a number of bug fixes to both the google base, and the tmobile mods.  That's the reason I like staying at the most recent build.  I've worked with TMO when with the cell phone OEM company, there is no way they would push out a new build without major bug fixes.

Just an insiders view.
Idk dude I've probably built on or decompiled and studied at least 100 bases from every manufacturer and stock across the board...and I've never seen major changes of incrimental updates before...small things sure...but alot of the time its things already addressed in custom builds or more often than not carrier app updates and security/root patches...plus it's based on the base itself which often doesn't change...it's why I don't bother jumping the base of the builds because 99% of the time it's a waste of time on all sides ime

5.1 is different because Google abandoned it mod way thru for 6.0 so it got very little love from 5.0...I'm only posting it here it's not going on xda

From a devs point of view

Mega

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:44:46 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 01, 2015, 04:48:51 PM
Reply #24

Offline gregma

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »

Just an insiders view.
Idk dude I've probably built on or decompiled and studied at least 100 bases from every manufacturer and stock across the board...and I've never seen major changes of incrimental updates before...small things sure...but alot of the time its things already addressed in custom builds or more often than not carrier app updates and security/root patches...plus it's based on the base itself which often doesn't change...it's why I don't bother jumping the base of the builds because 99% of the time it's a waste of time on all sides ime

5.1 is different because Google abandoned it mod way thru for 6.0 so it got very little love from 5.0...I'm only posting it here it's not going on xda

Mega

Was looking around.  Holy crap...  There are almost 17,000 check-ins to the 5.1 base.  Thank goodness I'm not on THAT QA team!  lol
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 01, 2015, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #25

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

Just an insiders view.

Mega

Was looking around.  Holy crap...  There are almost 17,000 check-ins to the 5.1 base.  Thank goodness I'm not on THAT QA team!  lol
Hahahah for tmo stock n4 release?

I honestly didn't think it'd ever be this long of a wait after that t3 surfaced...they must have some serious issues they're sorting thru

Mega

October 01, 2015, 06:42:03 PM
Reply #26

Offline ar2o

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »

Just an insiders view.
By the way gregma, in no way shape or form was I trying to offend you or anything.  We had a few douchbags in Mega's thread that would pop in to say pointless, demeaning comments to us and meg and a few comments afterwards they would ask mega "by the way when is there going to be a release of 5.1.1 build, just curious...". I respect you as you always have positive feedback in the threads! Regarding 4.4.4 vs 5.0.1 vs 5.1.1, to each other own opinion right. Mine stands as 4.4.4 is the most efficient with comparable speed, 5.0.1 is very speedy with comparable efficiency, and 5.1.1 I have not tested only read 1 decent review for every 7-8 negative reviews.

October 02, 2015, 05:16:17 AM
Reply #27
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 05:16:17 AM »
Ho Lee Chit mega, got this going on dude! Nice.......  And the freedom from xda to boot. Done bounced here and there checking it out, you have it laid out plain and simple man. You always seem to amaze me with all that you really do! Nice to see most of the other guys here too. Laid back, free to talk about whatever and don't have to worry about somebody reporting anyone for posting something they don't agree with. You know where I'm coming from..... Glad to be a part of this, thanks for having me here! Now let's get it on as Marvin Gaye would say............ Woo Hoo......... :D