January 17, 2018, 05:00:34 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch!

September 30, 2015, 09:52:28 PM
Read 5216 times

Offline iunlock

Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch!
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:52:28 PM »
I'm definitely getting me this watch....It's just stunning...

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-s2/
-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

October 01, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
Reply #1

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:32:00 PM »
I'm definitely getting me this watch....It's just stunning...

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-s2/
The classic is super sexy...Def picking one up on launch day

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 01, 2015, 07:36:48 PM
Reply #2

Offline iunlock

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
Indeed...so cool.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

October 02, 2015, 12:36:57 AM
Reply #3

Offline brisinger08

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »
Same it's gorgeous...mega is this the one you posted a pic of in that other that or am I mixing that up?
Current devices: Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) | Galaxy Note 4 (T-Mobile) | Note 10.1 2014 Edition (Wi-Fi) | Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Wi-Fi) | Huawei Ascend Mate 7
Huawei Mate 8
Retired: Galaxy Note 2 | Nexus 10
Euthanized: iPhone 3G | iPhone 3s | iPhone 4s |[co

October 02, 2015, 01:23:11 AM
Reply #4

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:23:11 AM »
Same it's gorgeous...mega is this the one you posted a pic of in that other that or am I mixing that up?
The white one i posted is gear 2...which comes with a 3g SIM option...the black one I posted that looks like a real watch is bt only called gear s2 classic

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: brisinger08

October 02, 2015, 10:38:39 AM
Reply #5

Offline gregma

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 10:38:39 AM »
The white one i posted is gear 2...which comes with a 3g SIM option...the black one I posted that looks like a real watch is bt only called gear s2 classic

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk

Being a firefighter/EMT in my spare time, I can really see some possibilities with this.  Quite often we have to work in the dark, and taking vitals requires a second hand.  I have a tritium watch so I can see it in the dark, but I bet you could easily program a watch face that is always on.  Has a large second hand, or even digital countdown timer.  Turn the face to select the standard times that we use as an EMT (15/30 seconds for vitals, 2 minutes for CPR), a LOUD tone that you can set to go off every 2 minutes (for CPR), etc.  Lots of possibilities!  If the face were like gorilla glass or something that would be perfect.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 02, 2015, 11:09:00 AM
Reply #6

Offline Phone

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
Are these running Tizen? How does that compare to Android Wear? I've been wanting to get a smart watch for a while and was thinking of getting the new Zenwatch since it's so cheap, but I hear Samsung watches have great battery. Has anyone used both platforms? I sometimes use my old Note 2 with an AOSP ROM, so I want to find something that works well with that and TouchWiz.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:53:03 AM by megalomanic14 »

October 02, 2015, 11:53:18 AM
Reply #7

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
Are these running Tizen? How does that compare to Android Wear? I've been wanting to get a smart watch for a while and was thinking of getting the new Zenwatch since it's so cheap, but I hear Samsung watches have great battery. Has anyone used both platforms? I sometimes use my old Note 2 with an AOSP ROM, so I want to find something that works well with that and TouchWiz.

note 2 on aosp just makes me shutter lol... flash firekat on it and see what she can really do lol..n2 probably has my favorite s pen software use... click to toggle pen and eraser is the best feature they've abandoned imo I really wish I could port that back into n3 and n4...I have a gear s and couple gear 1...android wear is useless imo.... where tizen has been hands down the best stock experience I've ever used.... to the point I never even rooted my gear s or worried about it...I do a majority of my texting thru my gear s and rock it standalone alot of the time.... they're untouchable and for what little extra cost vs a wear watch they make them look like dumbwatches imo lmao

Mega
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:55:00 AM by megalomanic14 »

October 02, 2015, 01:16:56 PM
Reply #8

Offline Phone

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
I agree that the Note line needs TouchWiz in order truly take advantage of the S-Pen, but my T-Mobile device was never updated past Jelly Bean. I actually didn't know about FireKat until last night, so I flashed it but the sound stopped working and it was too late to troubleshoot it, so I'll try again today after work. What's the cheapest Tizen watch? The Zenwatch is going for 130, but if the Gear S is that much better, I might just save up for that instead, I just wanted to find a cheap one to try it out pretty much, since I'm not 100% sold on smart watches yet.

October 02, 2015, 01:26:50 PM
Reply #9

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »
I agree that the Note line needs TouchWiz in order truly take advantage of the S-Pen, but my T-Mobile device was never updated past Jelly Bean. I actually didn't know about FireKat until last night, so I flashed it but the sound stopped working and it was too late to troubleshoot it, so I'll try again today after work. What's the cheapest Tizen watch? The Zenwatch is going for 130, but if the Gear S is that much better, I might just save up for that instead, I just wanted to find a cheap one to try it out pretty much, since I'm not 100% sold on smart watches yet.

In my opinion wear is pretty worthless and I know others may disagree if they only need it for notifications... But I do almost all my texting through my watch... I take a lot of my calls through my watch... By standalone means I have a sim card and it's my full phone lol...

I mean by tizen basically runs like Android with a different skin for all intents and purposes... you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference between the way they basically function but for app selection which is growing for tizen... But your a gear s is literally like an s3 in a watch band

They're amazing

Mega

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

October 02, 2015, 01:34:50 PM
Reply #10

Offline gregma

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »

In my opinion wear is pretty worthless and I know others may disagree if they only need it for notifications... But I do almost all my texting through my watch... I take a lot of my calls through my watch... By standalone means I have a sim card and it's my full phone lol...

I mean by tizen basically runs like Android with a different skin for all intents and purposes... you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference between the way they basically function but for app selection which is growing for tizen... But your a gear s is literally like an s3 in a watch band

They're amazing

Mega

How would you type out a text on a keyboard that's almost the size of your finger?  Well, for some of us.  LOL
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 02, 2015, 01:37:26 PM
Reply #11

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »

They're amazing

Mega

How would you type out a text on a keyboard that's almost the size of your finger?  Well, for some of us.  LOL
Lol swipe... My fingers are too wide to tap 1 button bur swipe is super accurate and the curve helps a lot

Mega 

October 02, 2015, 02:26:41 PM
Reply #12

Offline Zug

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
Mega I'm just so tempted to add a gear s.  What you think.  I know you live yours.  Is there a v2 out or coming that I should wait on or no? And do I need to get the watch now and that band is an add on for later or is it the band and watch together that I should wait for

From my Fired up N3

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 02, 2015, 02:32:29 PM
Reply #13

Offline Zug

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 02:32:29 PM »
Just saw was v2 trying to see if out our when comes out.  Worth waiting over regular s then?

From my Fired up N3
Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 02, 2015, 02:35:07 PM
Reply #14

Offline Zug

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
Guess it's out now. Says released on 2nd Oct.  Going to see if bb has it. Now to check if want classic or reg

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK