Hello Guest
 Tips for Buying Devices on Swappa`

December 03, 2015, 04:14:23 PM
Read 652 times

Offline ManOfSteele

Tips for Buying Devices on Swappa`
« on: December 03, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
Hey everyone,

I made this post a couple months ago but it was deleted.

Mega said you guys might be interested in some tips on what to look for when buying a device on Swappa. I've bought a few, and have had pretty good experiences overall, so here are some guidelines I personally follow when buying a device on Swappa:

1. Never buy from companies. Similar to eBay, there are companies that just flip phones on Swappa. Generally speaking, there is no way of telling if the device was refurbished, or previously repaired, etc. If you buy from a person, they are much more likely to give you an accurate history of the device, and are generally more flexible on the asking price.

2. Swappa has recently added a field where you can say whether or not you're the original owner of the device. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but if you're trying to decide between a couple different devices I would almost always go with the one where the seller indicates they are the original owner. This ties into my first tip, in that you can get a better understanding of the device history.

3. Don't be afraid of buying from someone who just created their account. Swappa will tell you how long the person has been a member of the site, as well as their sales history. If the criteria I mentioned above is met, don't be afraid of buying from someone who just made their account to sell that device

4. Don't be afraid to ask the seller for more information, or pictures. As long as they aren't trying to hide something, they will reply to you and post the pictures that you requested. Just be patient, as pictures can take a while for them to get and upload.

I think those 4 tips are the main ones. This doesn't guarantee you will have a great experience, but it will definitely help your chances.
As always, feel free to ask me any questions, or PM me the link to a device you're thinking about buying if you want a second opinion.

-Steele
Current Devices: Note 5, Note 4, Nexus 6, Huawei MediaPad X2, Gear S, Pebble Time Steel
Retired: Note 2, Note 3, Galaxy Mega, Nexus 4, S5, Tab S 8.4, Note 12.2, Note 10.1, Gear 1, and many more...

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?