April 21, 2018, 03:41:52 AM
Hello Guest
 Right half of screen going all wonky

June 24, 2016, 11:50:16 AM
Read 795 times

Offline trichrome1

Right half of screen going all wonky
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:50:16 AM »
So my Note 4's screen has started to act a little strange. the entire right half of my screen will freeze/go all static white noise like, etc. The touch screen still works.

I found that if i pushed near the top right of the screen, the screen came back. Must be the connector or something. But since i pushed hard last night, it's been fine all day so far. Hope this helps somebody :)

Update: my screen will no longer turn on. The touchscreen still works, but it's black. I've taken it in to get replaced. so pushing on the screen was a VERY temporary fix lol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:37:41 PM by trichrome1 »
Rogers (Canada)
Note 4

June 27, 2016, 11:25:36 PM
Reply #1

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Right half of screen going all wonky
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 11:25:36 PM »
So my Note 4's screen has started to act a little strange. the entire right half of my screen will freeze/go all static white noise like, etc. The touch screen still works.

I found that if i pushed near the top right of the screen, the screen came back. Must be the connector or something. But since i pushed hard last night, it's been fine all day so far. Hope this helps somebody :)

Update: my screen will no longer turn on. The touchscreen still works, but it's black. I've taken it in to get replaced. so pushing on the screen was a VERY temporary fix lol
That's really crazy man...I wonder what's up with it? Is anyone else reporting anything like that?

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

June 28, 2016, 01:54:23 PM
Reply #2

Offline trichrome1

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »
ya, i've seen a few people report that, appearently it could be the controller chip on the MB... lets hope not. I have it at my buddies samsung repair shop. gonna replace the screen and see what happens. for $150 cant go wrong :P 

The screen has since stopped showing anything... although the touch part still works no problem. Luckily i was able to put in my pass pattern and turn on wifi with the screen black so i could use whatsapp web on my computer to do some business!!! now im on a loaner S3 mini :p barf.... I miss my note

I'll post back if replacing the screen fixes the issue.. I don't want a new phone right now. i like my note 4
Rogers (Canada)
Note 4

July 03, 2016, 11:11:35 PM
Reply #3

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »
ya, i've seen a few people report that, appearently it could be the controller chip on the MB... lets hope not. I have it at my buddies samsung repair shop. gonna replace the screen and see what happens. for $150 cant go wrong

The screen has since stopped showing anything... although the touch part still works no problem. Luckily i was able to put in my pass pattern and turn on wifi with the screen black so i could use whatsapp web on my computer to do some business!!! now im on a loaner S3 minibarf.... I miss my note

I'll post back if replacing the screen fixes the issue.. I don't want a new phone right now. i like my note 4
Man that's so freaking crazy dude...I hate to hear that it's all f'ed up...I just bought a new battery for my n4 and gonna roll with this for another gen or so since everything's shit basically lol I hope you get it sorted out...Def interested to hear what it is

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

July 05, 2016, 11:16:10 AM
Reply #4

Offline trichrome1

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:10 AM »
Where did you order the battery from? I've been using 2 back and forth, but will probably need a new OEM Samsung one soon. Out of the 3 batteries I've bought, only 2 were genuine Samsung. The other 2 were fake, even though they look nearly identical. Now that I've got a new screen and my note 4 is working great again, I think I'm gonna rock this for another year or so I think. We will see what the Note 7 is like I guess. I don't see myself wanting to jump on it though since my note 4 is still ROCKING!! Hard to believe it's almost 2 years old.

note* I've been running Pop rocks V17Can and haven't needed to do a clean flash in over 7 Months. That's just crazy
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:55:32 AM by trichrome1 »
Rogers (Canada)
Note 4