January 17, 2018, 05:00:00 PM
Hello Guest
 Newly announced LG V10

October 03, 2015, 03:29:35 AM
Reply #15

Offline Pick_A_Name

Re: Newly announced LG V10
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 03:29:35 AM »
Interesting....I wonder how they will get around the reception under all that metal?

Remember the iPhone nightmare with them having receptions problems back when they first came out with the unibody metal frame? Hmm....heck make the whole metal a part of the antenna! LOL j/k...

I'm curious now....

That's a good question, im also wondering what it weighs lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 or Note 4
It's aluminum do it probably isn't too heavy. And I think they spell out what they mean very well. They didn't say if your screen stops working it won't be covered. Just that if you break it you but it.

And Force I have a G3 and didn't have any issues rooting it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Note 4 with Yummy S'mores

The following users thanked this post: catseyenu

October 03, 2015, 01:26:00 PM
Reply #16

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Interesting....I wonder how they will get around the reception under all that metal?

Remember the iPhone nightmare with them having receptions problems back when they first came out with the unibody metal frame? Hmm....heck make the whole metal a part of the antenna! LOL j/k...

I'm curious now....

It's aluminum do it probably isn't too heavy. And I think they spell out what they mean very well. They didn't say if your screen stops working it won't be covered. Just that if you break it you but it.

Man I was hoping lg would keep the G3 style and design for the g4 just make it bigger with the new hw...I think the G3 is a much better looking phone and it'd flat lol...was your bootloader locked?

Mega

October 03, 2015, 01:49:08 PM
Reply #17

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »

I'm curious now....

Man I was hoping lg would keep the G3 style and design for the g4 just make it bigger with the new hw...I think the G3 is a much better looking phone and it'd flat lol...was your bootloader locked?

Mega
No I rooted it as soon as I got home.I actually still use it for good because my note craps out allot.

October 03, 2015, 01:49:47 PM
Reply #18

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega
No I rooted it as soon as I got home.I actually still use it for good because my note craps out allot.

Really? What's up with your n4?

Mega

October 03, 2015, 02:23:42 PM
Reply #19

Offline Force70

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 02:23:42 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

The G3 Tmo version was the only one with an unlocked BL, the G4 only the intl H815 is unlocked.. The glfex 2 is locked down 100% still.

They are getting worse and worse...

Resistance is futile

October 03, 2015, 02:25:16 PM
Reply #20

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

The G3 Tmo version was the only one with an unlocked BL, the G4 only the intl H815 is unlocked.. The glfex 2 is locked down 100% still.

If G3's bootloader was locked, how was I able to get root?

October 03, 2015, 02:31:42 PM
Reply #21

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

I'm curious now....

Mega

Oh I got you...the flex really just got me into lg devices after digging the g3 jusr a little smaller than I wanted... My biggest issue with LG is not knowing if your gonna get lucky or not

As far as locked boot in general... Ihave root and a rom via on my bootlocked att n3... You can root some locked boot devices from previous years before lp but roms need safestrap... Now it may be doable to root just much more difficult with knox in the source... I was jw if you had to unlock it ect my g flex boot is locked

Thanks for the info fellas.. Seems like our options keep getting more limited with each device

Mega

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

October 03, 2015, 08:17:02 PM
Reply #22

Offline Force70

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 08:17:02 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

As i mentioned the Tmo unit  was not locked

sent from my  Nexus 6 or  Note 4

Resistance is futile

October 03, 2015, 08:26:13 PM
Reply #23

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 08:26:13 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

Mine was AT&T so it seems odd

October 03, 2015, 08:28:15 PM
Reply #24

Offline Force70

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

Thats messed up...at&t are the worst for locked  BLs and it was definitely  locked when released...a workaround  came months after.

Did u buy it new?

Resistance is futile

October 03, 2015, 08:33:04 PM
Reply #25

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:04 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

Thats messed up...at&t are the worst for locked  BLs and it was definitely  locked when released...a workaround  came months after.

Did u buy it new?

Yes but not on day one. This n4 is my first Tmo. I got it because of AT&T's locked bootloader.  So does Tmo generally leave their bootloader unlocked?

October 03, 2015, 08:35:21 PM
Reply #26

Offline Force70

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

Did u buy it new?

Yes but not on day one. This n4 is my first Tmo. I got it because of AT&T's locked bootloader.  So does Tmo generally leave their bootloader unlocked?

They have  on sammy devices so far  but the Tmo G4 has a locked  BL as does the g flex 2.

Same up here in Canada..sammys are gtg but LG and sony lock the BLs.

Resistance is futile

October 03, 2015, 08:45:20 PM
Reply #27

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 08:45:20 PM »

I'm curious now....

Mega

Did u buy it new?

I'm curious now....

Mega

Did u buy it new?

They have  on sammy devices so far  but the Tmo G4 has a locked  BL as does the g flex 2.

Same up here in Canada..sammys are gtg but LG and sony lock the BLs.

That's weird man...I hadn't heard of any att devices not having a locked boot since 4.3...lucky find...att even lock nexus 6 bootloader that you have to unlock

Added had I known that I'd have used the subsidy I've had wasting away for like 2.5 years on one lol

Mega

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:59:58 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 12, 2015, 05:43:25 PM
Reply #28

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »
Gotta say...the more I check this v10 out...the more I'm digging it...loving the manual video and photo mode...well built...sd...gorgeous screen...looking like a pretty good kit

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk

October 12, 2015, 05:50:35 PM
Reply #29

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »
Gotta say...the more I check this v10 out...the more I'm digging it...loving the manual video and photo mode...well built...sd...gorgeous screen...looking like a pretty good kit

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk
Did you buy one?