January 18, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
Hello Guest
 Newly announced LG V10

October 12, 2015, 05:59:32 PM
Reply #30

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Newly announced LG V10
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »
Gotta say...the more I check this v10 out...the more I'm digging it...loving the manual video and photo mode...well built...sd...gorgeous screen...looking like a pretty good kit

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk
Did you buy one?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
No just watched a few videos about it...Def impressive...was more curious for the possible g4 pro or g pro 3 I'm waiting on...but it's a pretty cool kit imo just has the same issue as everything else...great just behind n4

Mega

October 12, 2015, 06:47:47 PM
Reply #31

Offline Force70

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
Gotta say...the more I check this v10 out...the more I'm digging it...loving the manual video and photo mode...well built...sd...gorgeous screen...looking like a pretty good kit

Mega

Did you buy one?

No just watched a few videos about it...Def impressive...was more curious for the possible g4 pro or g pro 3 I'm waiting on...but it's a pretty cool kit imo just has the same issue as everything else...great just behind n4

Mega

Looks like both of us are waiting on LGs phablet before pulling the trigger on anything else...not that thered much out there sadly

Sent from my Nexus 6 or Note 4

Resistance is futile

October 12, 2015, 06:55:19 PM
Reply #32

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

Mega

Did you buy one?

Mega

Looks like both of us are waiting on LGs phablet before pulling the trigger on anything else...not that thered much out there sadly

Yea I'm def there with you man... indeed the position and state of the market sucks...I've even been looking of the periphery at some more obscure brands I would never have considered just looking for something that would offer a reasonable step up or change from my n4...not even as a main device but a backup or secondary and man theres just nothing...the sd810 ruined anything even remotely cool this year

n6 is the only thing on my radar if lg ends up not delivering...prolly snag one regardless...but I'm seriously hoping they do drop a 6 inch V10 with those specs an sd card with the new video and photo modes with that new sensor...would be aces

Mega

October 12, 2015, 07:36:59 PM
Reply #33

Offline Force70

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »

Mega

Did you buy one?

Mega

Yea I'm def there with you man... indeed the position and state of the market sucks...I've even been looking of the periphery at some more obscure brands I would never have considered just looking for something that would offer a reasonable step up or change from my n4...not even as a main device but a backup or secondary and man theres just nothing...the sd810 ruined anything even remotely cool this year

n6 is the only thing on my radar if lg ends up not delivering...prolly snag one regardless...but I'm seriously hoping they do drop a 6 inch V10 with those specs an sd card with the new video and photo modes with that new sensor...would be aces

Mega

I'll jump on anything with a 6" screen and SD card support.. Stereo speakers would be nice since I'm used to those on the nexus..thats one area it has the note.

Resistance is futile

October 12, 2015, 07:39:00 PM
Reply #34

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 07:39:00 PM »

Mega

Did you buy one?

Mega

Mega

I'll jump on anything with a 6" screen and SD card support.. Stereo speakers would be nice since I'm used to those on the nexus..thats one area it has the note.

It's amazing Sammy hasn't picked up on that yet. It's like they live in their own bubble.

Note 4 with Yummy S'mores

October 12, 2015, 07:39:45 PM
Reply #35

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »

Mega

Did you buy one?

Mega

Mega

I hear you man...idk what happened...everyone raced to 5.5 5.7 then as manufacturing is perfected to the point of near bezeless devices...no one drops a 6 lol? Whoever does it properly...6 inch... good hw.. quality camera...day 1

we've talked about this for 6 months or more lol...I still just don't understand what happened this year it's like they all agreed...ok 5.7 agree ok well all stop at 5.7 and release the same devices with the same feature and hw lol

Mega

October 12, 2015, 07:57:13 PM
Reply #36

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 07:57:13 PM »
Did the nexus 6 not sell well or something?

October 12, 2015, 08:01:08 PM
Reply #37

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 08:01:08 PM »
Nexus are the most niche android line there is...they are never really big sellers...idk if it was more or less sales than usual...I've never seen one out in real life that wasn't a friend's

Mega

October 12, 2015, 08:20:38 PM
Reply #38

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 08:20:38 PM »
I was just trying to figure out why they think 6" won't work

October 12, 2015, 08:38:22 PM
Reply #39

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »
Not sure man...imo I think it's just because they want to pad out the size...as 6 will be the limit for most people...given the hw is already so overpowered and current cameras are amazing...imo a lot of its greed...they need to sell devices every year and I know if I had a 6 inch n4 I'd never buy another device.. at least not for many years ...thats gotta be a large part as they can clearly engineer almost bezel free devices...and if they went 16:10 wouldn't be much taller or wider than n4 if at all...normal 16:9 would just be  slightly taller but way more real estate to work with

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

October 12, 2015, 08:45:32 PM
Reply #40

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »
Well by not doing something different like 6" I jabber no need to upgrade. They'll have to do something special. I think that's why their sales are down. People don't see anything worth upgrading for.

October 12, 2015, 09:11:08 PM
Reply #41

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 09:11:08 PM »
Well by not doing something different like 6" I jabber no need to upgrade. They'll have to do something special. I think that's why their sales are down. People don't see anything worth upgrading for.

This is precisely the issue that's going on right now mean you nailed it...

I also think it's a large reason why they're trying so hard to block us out from root and esp stop us flashing roms because you can improve your device so much and extend it's life span drastically...

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

October 12, 2015, 09:34:07 PM
Reply #42

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »
If they were smart they would take the good ideas and add them to their device. Blocking is means they block the extra development.

October 12, 2015, 09:36:25 PM
Reply #43

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015, 09:36:25 PM »
Hell dude I'm still waiting for one refined stock rom...how many fantastic dev builds need to be done before they do it? But again it comes down to if they refine the sw it's another hurdle to try an up sell you a new device now what's become less than a year later...

They won't even keep the multiwindow feature in aosp after building it in...they removed it...smh I don't get it man it'd backassward

Mega

October 12, 2015, 09:39:13 PM
Reply #44

Offline Pick_A_Name

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »
Agreed. Planned decay if you ask me. My wife's phone is a perfect example. She it's definitely not a power user. And it's slow and the battery is shit. I'll definitely get some for her new FK device ;)