January 17, 2018, 05:01:43 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Simband

October 02, 2015, 01:37:43 PM
Read 984 times

Offline gregma

Samsung Simband
« on: October 02, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »
Was doing some research on smartwatches and came across this...  OMG an EKG?  BP?  Whoa!!!

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-simband-health-oriented-gear-s-steroids-566787/

Electrocardiogram (EKG) sensor: This monitors the heartís functioning and could be used to detect or monitor conditions such as arythima or angina. It could also, possibly, be used to detect a potential heart attack in progress should the sensor and software be accurate enough.
Bioelectrical Impedance (Bio-Z) sensor: This essentially allows the user to perform a BMI analysis by running an electrical current through the body.
Photoplethysmogram (PPG) sensor: This impressive sounding word means that the device can monitor your pulse and blood pressure via light sensors.
Galvanic Skin Response  (GSR) sensor: This is used to eventually measure sweat responses and can be used in both fitness and psychological situations.
Accelerometer: This measure G-Force and can be used to detect motion and movement.
Skin Temperature sensor: This can, obviously, measure the temperature of the skin.

The "lie detector" implications of this watch are also quite interesting.  LOL

--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 02, 2015, 01:42:16 PM
Reply #1

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Samsung Simband
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
Was doing some research on smartwatches and came across this...  OMG an EKG?  BP?  Whoa!!!

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-simband-health-oriented-gear-s-steroids-566787/

Electrocardiogram (EKG) sensor: This monitors the heartís functioning and could be used to detect or monitor conditions such as arythima or angina. It could also, possibly, be used to detect a potential heart attack in progress should the sensor and software be accurate enough.
Bioelectrical Impedance (Bio-Z) sensor: This essentially allows the user to perform a BMI analysis by running an electrical current through the body.
Photoplethysmogram (PPG) sensor: This impressive sounding word means that the device can monitor your pulse and blood pressure via light sensors.
Galvanic Skin Response  (GSR) sensor: This is used to eventually measure sweat responses and can be used in both fitness and psychological situations.
Accelerometer: This measure G-Force and can be used to detect motion and movement.
Skin Temperature sensor: This can, obviously, measure the temperature of the skin.

The "lie detector" implications of this watch are also quite interesting.  LOL

lol it has like every kind of sensor ever made in it Hahaha that's crazy

Mega

October 02, 2015, 01:49:03 PM
Reply #2

Offline gregma

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »
It does!  And it even lights up.  LOL

I am SO getting one!  I can't believe I haven't heard of this, it was introduced November of 2014!  AND it's tizen based.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:50:38 PM by gregma »
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 02, 2015, 02:03:43 PM
Reply #3

Offline Zug

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
Damn that looks sweet. It might tempt me for suer.  But looks like not released to public yet

From my Fired up N3

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 02, 2015, 02:06:53 PM
Reply #4

Offline gregma

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
Damn that looks sweet. It might tempt me for suer.  But looks like not released to public yet

From my Fired up N3

Still in the development phase.  It's just so amazing if it actually works. 
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 02, 2015, 02:15:30 PM
Reply #5

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »
It does!  And it even lights up.  LOL

I am SO getting one!  I can't believe I haven't heard of this, it was introduced November of 2014!  AND it's tizen based.

From my Fired up N3
Ahhhh it hooks to the gear s... That's even more insane lol I'm all over it as well... Could totally see captain Kirk rocking it lmao

Mega

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk