Hello Guest
 How to use xprivacy?

October 03, 2015, 01:38:43 PM
Read 990 times

Offline iunlock

How to use xprivacy?
« on: October 03, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »
I'd recommend following my method.

Here's the most important thing. We're wanting to apply the app restrictions before they can obtain your real info. Right? So it's important to take the steps to make this happen.

That's why if you download an app, install it only without opening it, then go into xprivacy and check both columns.

Even as a Paid user, I always check all columns instead of relying on the fetched restrictions as those are not always on point.

Then open the app and allow or deny accordingly. The pop up is just a good indicator of what exactly the app is wanting to access....even if it's a red window like (identification) I always deny it, unless it's very obvious. Ex. Dropbox needs access to the Internet and Storage. That's a given. Etc ...

Then after you're in the app, you can go back into xprivacy and look for the orange triangle to see what the app was trying to access most recently. This will give you a good idea for when you go through your trial and error to get the app to work properly, while keeping it restricted to the max.

For example, Phone. It may seem like some apps need full access to Phone and it'll even pop up red, but that doesn't mean you need to allow everything in the Phone restrictions to be unchecked. Most often times than not the app only needs to check the phone state so that's the only thing that needs to be unchecked in the Phone category. Everything in Phone like the subscriber number etc...can all remain checked...ie...it only needs that one little thing unchecked to have the app function 100%.

Hope this helps =)

My biggest point here is how important it is to restrict first before opening apps, because once they have your info. ...serial id etc....what's the point of restricting it afterward when they already have your info...it only takes one time. Does it not?

It's like giving a robber your house keys, then locking your front doors....

-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

The following users thanked this post: catseyenu

October 04, 2015, 09:48:21 PM
Reply #1

Offline brisinger08

Re: How to use xprivacy?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:48:21 PM »
Thanks for this!  Xprivacy is super useful for faking info to get around location restrictions too...I started using it so I could watch cards games in MLB atbat when I'm inside a "blackout" zone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Current devices: Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) | Galaxy Note 4 (T-Mobile) | Note 10.1 2014 Edition (Wi-Fi) | Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Wi-Fi) | Huawei Ascend Mate 7
Huawei Mate 8
Retired: Galaxy Note 2 | Nexus 10
Euthanized: iPhone 3G | iPhone 3s | iPhone 4s |[co

October 12, 2015, 06:25:52 PM
Reply #2

Offline iunlock

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »
Thanks for this!  Xprivacy is super useful for faking info to get around location restrictions too...I started using it so I could watch cards games in MLB atbat when I'm inside a "blackout" zone.

Very welcome! Glad it helped.

After many trial and errors of trying to figure out the best method, this is the route to go....
-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

October 29, 2015, 04:37:06 PM
Reply #3
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »
Do you experience a slowdown with Xprivacy installed? Apps lag and take longer to respond. I get that every time I want to give it another chance and I give up almost immediately.

October 29, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Reply #4

Offline iunlock

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Do you experience a slowdown with Xprivacy installed? Apps lag and take longer to respond. I get that every time I want to give it another chance and I give up almost immediately.

It haven't noticed any slowdowns. If you're experiencing stutters, it's likely from having something restricted that it is trying to access.