January 17, 2018, 04:52:18 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Galaxy Gear S

October 06, 2015, 09:47:36 AM
Reply #15

Offline gregma

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear S
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:36 AM »

the screensize on teh s2 is a lot smaller and for someone like me with larder hands, its more of a pain,

There are a few nice features of the s2 like turning the bezel to change screens/zoom in and out, and so on, but right now i think the S is the one to go for for now.

This is my biggest concern tbh...my favorite feature of gear s is the screen because what it allows you to actually be capable of doing like texting ect...where more than a half inch smaller screen means no full kb...it uses the old t9 style which is gross to use imo...stuff like that is what's bugging me regardless that I like the style of the classic...I hadn't planned on mine replacing my s but only using the classic occasionally for me personally

T9?  Really?  That's like so 1980's :)
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 06, 2015, 09:52:30 AM
Reply #16

Offline gregma

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
Yea the S2 is small and for me I wanted it more so for the "watch," part and for the pedometer for working out. Had I had the need for picking up calls and being able to talk via the watch, I would have opt for the S1 over the S2 3G.

Design wise, the S2 IMO is the best looking watch to match that of a traditional watch. It's awesome.

I really want the Classic S2 though for the design and the functions to me is just bonus as it'll do everything that I need it to do.

Smart watches are awesome....and it's nice there's many different ones to fulfill all type of needs.

That's a good point.  If you aren't going to be using the watch as a text based replacement, the S2 is perfect!  You can use a bluetooth headset for music, use the sHealth stuff, get alerts that you can check on your phone.  And it's hella sexy!
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 06, 2015, 09:56:08 AM
Reply #17

Offline gregma

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
My biggest gripe about the S is the band.  You have to have the rubber stuff, no choice.  I really prefer metal or tactical bands.  If they would have done what crapple did with their watch it would have been so sweet! 
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 06, 2015, 11:42:21 AM
Reply #18

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 11:42:21 AM »
My biggest gripe about the S is the band.  You have to have the rubber stuff, no choice.  I really prefer metal or tactical bands.  If they would have done what crapple did with their watch it would have been so sweet!
I love the band...it's super comfortable for really long durations and fits great...I don't really care or need a fancier one personally...options would be cool sure sure but for me it'd function and utility over style

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 06, 2015, 11:44:01 AM
Reply #19

Offline gregma

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 11:44:01 AM »
I love the band...it's super comfortable for really long durations and fits great...I don't really care or need a fancier one personally

Mega

Oh really?  No problems with sweat?
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 06, 2015, 11:47:22 AM
Reply #20

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »
I love the band...it's super comfortable for really long durations and fits great...I don't really care or need a fancier one personally

Mega

No not at all really... nothing like my metal banded dive watch man if you sweating that it gets disgusting and sticky this doesn't have that issue at least in my experience

Mega

October 06, 2015, 11:48:41 AM
Reply #21

Offline gregma

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »

Mega

No not at all really... nothing like my metal banded dive watch man if you sweating that it gets disgusting and sticky this doesn't have that issue at least in my experience

Mega

Nice!  That would be my biggest gripe, so it sounds like it's unwarranted.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 06, 2015, 11:51:32 AM
Reply #22

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »

Mega

Mega

Nice!  That would be my biggest gripe, so it sounds like it's unwarranted.
Yeah I thought about the same thing when I first got it but to be honest at this point I don't even think about it anymore like when I'm out doing sports or walking with bubba or something...the fit is just so perfect it's why I don't mind the material at all... where I couldn't wear my metal watches and I love them but they be sticking to you and gross ect where I just don't get that really as bad with this one

Plus it looks good enough you can wear it out like on a nice nice for playing sports on the weekends

Mega

October 06, 2015, 03:51:14 PM
Reply #23

Offline iunlock

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 03:51:14 PM »
I'm a big fan of the rubber bands and I'm sure there will be replacements soon. I think in one of the early reviews I saw different band options. Not sure if they were all rubber, but we'll have to wait and see.

The rubber band on the S2 is very comfortable and it's different than the ones I'm used to seeing. I have other watches with rubber bands, all of which are more firm, whereas the s2 band is very flexible. You'll just have to see it in person. It's very comfy.

I've noticed too that it dries fast if you get water under the band/watch. (Washing hands...)

Give it a try...it may surprise you....

Sent from my Note 4 [Powered by: FireKat V19X]

-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

October 06, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
Reply #24
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
The band on the S2 classic looks as if it can be easily changed unlike the regular S2 ,am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910T

October 06, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Reply #25

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
The band on the S2 classic looks as if it can be easily changed unlike the regular S2 ,am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910T
That's what It seemed like to me as well man...the classic looks to sport a normal band where I'm not sure about the s2 width

...there may be a bunch that will come out who knows? The s1 only got 2 styles and a handful of colors that I know of

Mega

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:08:35 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 07, 2015, 04:01:53 AM
Reply #26

Offline gregma

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 04:01:53 AM »

Sent from my SM-N910T
That's what It seemed like to me as well man...the classic looks to sport a normal band where I'm not sure about the s2 width

...there may be a bunch that will come out who knows? The s1 only got 2 styles and a handful of colors that I know of

Mega

The s2 does allow all 22mm watch bands.  It's the s that doesn't.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 04:52:48 AM
Reply #27

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 04:52:48 AM »

Sent from my SM-N910T

Mega

The s2 does allow all 22mm watch bands.  It's the s that doesn't.
Really?...maybe you've seen something different...only the classic does as far as I can tell and it def didn't look like a regular band size...would be a cool feature but yea the s1 only has the 2 band styles that I've seen

Mega

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:58:26 AM by megalomanic14 »

October 07, 2015, 09:08:03 AM
Reply #28

Offline Zug

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 09:08:03 AM »
So forgot to take my watch off after pt and got in the shower. Well it survived lol. . Need to look it up and see what it's resistance level is

From my Fired up N3

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 07, 2015, 12:21:06 PM
Reply #29

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
So forgot to take my watch off after pt and got in the shower. Well it survived lol. . Need to look it up and see what it's resistance level is

From my Fired up N3
Hahaha yikes so soon lol...glad it's still ticking haha

Mega