January 18, 2018, 08:07:57 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Galaxy Gear S

October 07, 2015, 03:21:52 PM
Reply #30

Offline gregma

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear S
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 03:21:52 PM »
The band on the S2 classic looks as if it can be easily changed unlike the regular S2 ,am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910T
That's what It seemed like to me as well man...the classic looks to sport a normal band where I'm not sure about the s2 width

...there may be a bunch that will come out who knows? The s1 only got 2 styles and a handful of colors that I know of

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
The s2 does allow all 22mm watch bands.  It's the s that doesn't.
Really?...maybe you've seen something different...only the classic does as far as I can tell and it def didn't look like a regular band size...would be a cool feature but yea the s1 only has the 2 band styles that I've seen

Mega

That's correct, it's only the S2 classic that has a replaceable band.  I thought they both would be the same case style, I guess not in the wisdom of Samsung.  *sigh*
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 03:23:51 PM
Reply #31

Offline gregma

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
So forgot to take my watch off after pt and got in the shower. Well it survived lol. . Need to look it up and see what it's resistance level is

From my Fired up N3

According to the Samsung website, the S2 has a rating of IP68.  Which means:

IP Rated Enclosures - quick find chart

A number replaced by x indicates that the enclosure is not rated for that spec.
First Digit (intrusion protection)
0   No special protection
1   Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
2   Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
3   Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
4   Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
5   Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
6   Totally dust tight.
Second Digit (moisture protection)
0   No protection.
1   Protection against condensation.
2   Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15 from vertical
3   Protected against spray up to 60 from vertical.
4   Protected against water spray from all directions.
5   Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)
6   Protection against string water jets and waves.
7   Protected against temporary immersion.
8   Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 03:25:19 PM
Reply #32

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 03:25:19 PM »
The band on the S2 classic looks as if it can be easily changed unlike the regular S2 ,am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910T
That's what It seemed like to me as well man...the classic looks to sport a normal band where I'm not sure about the s2 width

...there may be a bunch that will come out who knows? The s1 only got 2 styles and a handful of colors that I know of

Mega

Really?...maybe you've seen something different...only the classic does as far as I can tell and it def didn't look like a regular band size...would be a cool feature but yea the s1 only has the 2 band styles that I've seen

Mega

That's correct, it's only the S2 classic that has a replaceable band.  I thought they both would be the same case style, I guess not in the wisdom of Samsung.  *sigh*
No worries I figured the same thing until I saw it then looked around and couldn't find any info but for the classic...no one really brings it up...it seems so common sense to make that a feature only samsung could opt out man smh lol

Mega

October 07, 2015, 04:47:34 PM
Reply #33

Offline gregma

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:34 PM »

Mega

No worries I figured the same thing until I saw it then looked around and couldn't find any info but for the classic...no one really brings it up...it seems so common sense to make that a feature only samsung could opt out man smh lol

Mega

Well, considering official replacement bands for the S1 go for $35 a piece...  I wonder why they made it proprietary rather than have a standard watchband.  LOL
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 05:13:19 PM
Reply #34

Offline Zug

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »
So forgot to take my watch off after pt and got in the shower. Well it survived lol. . Need to look it up and see what it's resistance level is

From my Fired up N3

0No special protection
1Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
2Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
3Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
4Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
5Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
6Totally dust tight.
0No protection.
1Protection against condensation.
2Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15 from vertical
3Protected against spray up to 60 from vertical.
4Protected against water spray from all directions.
5Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)
6Protection against string water jets and waves.
7Protected against temporary immersion.
8Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.
Yeah I ended up looking it up and the reading says can be in 1 meter of water for no more then 30 minutes looks like. But wants to be careful with soapy water

From my Fired up N3

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 07, 2015, 06:21:33 PM
Reply #35

Offline gregma

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »

From my Fired up N3

0No special protection
1Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
2Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
6Totally dust tight.
0No protection.
Yeah I ended up looking it up and the reading says can be in 1 meter of water for no more then 30 minutes looks like. But wants to be careful with soapy water

The s2 is ip68 which allows prolonged immersion under pressure.  That's technically waterProof.  The S is rated ip67 which is temporary immersion.  That's technically Water Resistant.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 06:43:19 PM
Reply #36

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »

From my Fired up N3

0No special protection
6Totally dust tight.
0No protection.

The s2 is ip68 which allows prolonged immersion under pressure.  That's technically waterProof.  The S is rated ip67 which is temporary immersion.  That's technically Water Resistant.
I don't have the balls to do either with my s1 lol...no pools please lol

Mega

October 07, 2015, 09:53:28 PM
Reply #37

Offline gregma

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 09:53:28 PM »
Ohhhhh, the agony.  Just got my shipping confirmation.  I have to wait until next Monday to get my Gear S!  SOB
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 07, 2015, 10:16:30 PM
Reply #38

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 10:16:30 PM »
Lol feels like forever when your waiting. ..Where's the amazon drones when you need them lol

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

October 08, 2015, 08:53:32 AM
Reply #39

Offline Zug

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »
Ohhhhh, the agony.  Just got my shipping confirmation.  I have to wait until next Monday to get my Gear S!  SOB
Dang. Where you get yours?  Att had Em for me. Just no one had white for wife

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 08, 2015, 09:25:39 AM
Reply #40

Offline gregma

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
Lol feels like forever when your waiting. ..Where's the amazon drones when you need them lol

Mega

LOL.  I know, right? 
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 08, 2015, 09:27:20 AM
Reply #41

Offline gregma

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

From TMobile.  I'm getting a refurb which you can only order online.  But it does save me $100 by doing that!  Only $5.32 per month for the watch added to my cell bill.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 08, 2015, 10:50:55 AM
Reply #42

Offline Zug

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

From TMobile.  I'm getting a refurb which you can only order online.  But it does save me $100 by doing that!  Only $5.32 per month for the watch added to my cell bill.
That's cool. Guess they don't have the deal for 2yr contract you get for 99 like att. But 5 better than att 10

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 08, 2015, 11:39:58 AM
Reply #43

Offline gregma

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »

That's cool. Guess they don't have the deal for 2yr contract you get for 99 like att. But 5 better than att 10

From my Fired up N3

TMO does it a little different.  You basically pay the outright cost of the phone/device, and they break it up into 24 equal monthly payments interest free.  And with JUMP, if I want to upgrade to an S2 Classic, or an S3, or a different watch, I can trade in my current watch for full price.  Even if I only have it for 10 days.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 08, 2015, 03:49:23 PM
Reply #44

Offline gregma

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »
Been perusing XDA's Gear X forums.  There are a lot of comments about easily broken charging cradle tabs.  Anyone here have that happen?
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery