January 18, 2018, 08:08:35 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Galaxy Gear S

October 09, 2015, 09:33:39 PM
Reply #60

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear S
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 09:33:39 PM »
Ok cool...you may need to call att and ensure they have the function active on your acct also

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 09, 2015, 10:00:40 PM
Reply #61

Offline Zug

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 10:00:40 PM »
yeah trying to work with att now to see..  just fyi about the water.. on their "learn about device" it does state the IP67 rating or what ever it was and it says we can submerge it up to 1meter of water for not more than 30minutes... so showers "should"be ok lol and washing hands etc hehe.. just dont swim since that would be more than 1 meter

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 09, 2015, 10:13:58 PM
Reply #62

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
Yea I wash hands, or go in rain, ever do dishes but no pools haha not for this guys watch

Mega

October 09, 2015, 10:53:46 PM
Reply #63

Offline Zug

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
Yea I wash hands, or go in rain, ever do dishes but no pools haha not for this guys watch

Mega

yeah..

ok.. well somewhat good news.

first let me start by saying "ATT are fukin MORONS" as if we didnt know..lol.. so i chated with them,, they tried first going in and setting up my phone to always forward to the gear.. told them that wasnt what i wanted nor the point. and when she/he said it was done, it still didnt work lol.. still would come up saying failed to foward, i would try calling, phone would miss and it would go to voicemail then i would get a message on gear saying i missed the call.
so told them this and the dumbass says "well you will need to contact APPLE for the support, here is their number"  i said, Umm,, this is a samsung device.. i will figure it out myself, good bye..   fukin moron,, even started conversation and mentioned it was the gear S 5 times lol

anyway.. now to say how i fixed it..

1.  It still said failed to forward calls even though it was connected remoteley.
2. What i did was went into call settings>additional settings> call forwarding> then all 3 (not the always forward one, but the busy, missed, etc) i noticed those were set to my voicemail number, that would explain that
3. Changed those 3 numbers to my gears number..
4. Tested and Bam...  phone misses the call and the call got sent to my gear...

Sucesss.....  fuk u ATT lol..

Well, maybe this will help some of you when you get your gear and run into this issue. after reading some online, it might actually be an issue with using google voice.. i even deactivated google voice (online and typing the ##004# code and it said it stopped) but it still was failing till i did the above.. so while its not a total sucess (still fails to auto forward) it is now forwarding

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

The following users thanked this post: Pick_A_Name

October 09, 2015, 11:03:43 PM
Reply #64

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2015, 11:03:43 PM »

Mega

yeah..

ok.. well somewhat good news.

first let me start by saying "ATT are fukin MORONS" as if we didnt know..lol.. so i chated with them,, they tried first going in and setting up my phone to always forward to the gear.. told them that wasnt what i wanted nor the point. and when she/he said it was done, it still didnt work lol.. still would come up saying failed to foward, i would try calling, phone would miss and it would go to voicemail then i would get a message on gear saying i missed the call.
so told them this and the dumbass says "well you will need to contact APPLE for the support, here is their number"  i said, Umm,, this is a samsung device.. i will figure it out myself, good bye..   fukin moron,, even started conversation and mentioned it was the gear S 5 times lol

anyway.. now to say how i fixed it..

1.  It still said failed to forward calls even though it was connected remoteley.
2. What i did was went into call settings>additional settings> call forwarding> then all 3 (not the always forward one, but the busy, missed, etc) i noticed those were set to my voicemail number, that would explain that
3. Changed those 3 numbers to my gears number..
4. Tested and Bam...  phone misses the call and the call got sent to my gear...

Sucesss.....  fuk u ATT lol..

Well, maybe this will help some of you when you get your gear and run into this issue. after reading some online, it might actually be an issue with using google voice.. i even deactivated google voice (online and typing the ##004# code and it said it stopped) but it still was failing till i did the above.. so while its not a total sucess (still fails to auto forward) it is now forwarding

Hahaha that is unbelievable dude...i hate to see i can totally see it...but yea I can totally see that happening given my experience with them lol...thats great you figured it out super funny they have zero clue what the hell they're doing hahaha awesome

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

October 10, 2015, 06:20:19 AM
Reply #65

Offline iunlock

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
Customer Service can be a toss up...I've spoken to some of the dumbest people ever. I wonder how they even get hired? Quality control anyone?

-T---Mobile- USA | (((Fastest LTE+))) DOWN @ 128.99 Mb/s / UP @ 26.93 Mb/s
Note 4 [Powered by: FireKatN4 Deodex V21x w/ Stock Kernel + TouchWiz!] = 51,322 AnTuTu! | 27,583 Quad (100% Stock!) | 9.5+ Hours On Screen Time |

October 10, 2015, 08:30:47 AM
Reply #66

Offline Zug

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
Customer Service can be a toss up...I've spoken to some of the dumbest people ever. I wonder how they even get hired? Quality control anyone?
nah man,. problem wiht all of that is it is just a call center.. the only requirement is to be able to read the script and "be polite".  When i was younger i helped open up a call center for support and yeah, i saw the interviews and the processes and they dont higher "techincal" people to run a tech center support :)

But  for me there are limits.. like when i say "My gear s" and not "My iWatch" would expect them not to respond to me to "Contact Apple" lol, specially when they are looking at my account on the screen and it shows all the phones assigned to each number lol

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 10, 2015, 12:20:03 PM
Reply #67

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »

nah man,. problem wiht all of that is it is just a call center.. the only requirement is to be able to read the script and "be polite".  When i was younger i helped open up a call center for support and yeah, i saw the interviews and the processes and they dont higher "techincal" people to run a tech center support :)

But  for me there are limits.. like when i say "My gear s" and not "My iWatch" would expect them not to respond to me to "Contact Apple" lol, specially when they are looking at my account on the screen and it shows all the phones assigned to each number lol

I had damn near the Apple AT&T experience with Time Warner Cable last night on the phone it's just unbelievable the kind of shit they tell you is the problem... She tried to tell me my speed issues and cut offs that are  some sort of issue with the main switch being overloaded....was because of my netgear router lmao...like mam that is like the last line of the signal chain...how would it affect the data coming from the switch dying before getting to my modem? Silence...ahh it appears back on have a nice day click wtf lol

Mega

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:15:52 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 10, 2015, 05:12:00 PM
Reply #68

Offline Zug

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »

I had damn near the Apple AT&T experience with Time Warner Cable last night on the phone it's just unbelievable the kind of shit they tell you is the problem... She tried to tell me my speed issues and cut offs that are  some sort of issue with the main switch being overloaded....was because of my netgear router lmao...like mam that is like the last line of the signal chain...how would it affect the data coming from the switch dying before getting to my modem? Silence...ahh it appears back on have a nice day click wtf lol

Mega

Yeah don't get me started on twc and the sit they are lol

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 10, 2015, 07:24:36 PM
Reply #69

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »
Dude my Internet has only been running about 1/3 the speed it should...and goes in and out like 25 times a day over the last few weeks...insane...plus they raised the bill every month without warning like 40 bucks total...I despise them up with att google and comcast lol

Mega

October 10, 2015, 08:34:00 PM
Reply #70

Offline Zug

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
Dude my Internet has only been running about 1/3 the speed it should...and goes in and out like 25 times a day over the last few weeks...insane...plus they raised the bill every month without warning like 40 bucks total...I despise them up with att google and comcast lol

Mega

Yeah man they are horrible and if I had any other legit option I'd be all over it

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 13, 2015, 12:13:22 PM
Reply #71

Offline gregma

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »
Finally got my Gear S!!  Wearing it right now.  Several newbie questions... 

Can you reply to tapatalk posts on it?  Can you reply to anything other than samsung SMS messenger and samsung email app?  (neither of which I actually use).  Anyone actually get the heartrate sensor to pick up a heartrate?
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 13, 2015, 01:07:02 PM
Reply #72

Offline Zug

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2015, 01:07:02 PM »

Can you reply to tapatalk posts on it?  Can you reply to anything other than samsung SMS messenger and samsung email app?  (neither of which I actually use).  Anyone actually get the heartrate sensor to pick up a heartrate?

You can reply but all through Web browser so download opera. Hear rate is hit or miss. It sends to work when I do a workout but when I click to just see it fails a couple times.

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 16, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
Reply #73

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »

You can reply but all through Web browser so download opera. Hear rate is hit or miss. It sends to work when I do a workout but when I click to just see it fails a couple times.

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3
How are you guys liking the gear s?

Mega

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

October 16, 2015, 11:55:39 AM
Reply #74

Offline Zug

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3
How are you guys liking the gear s?

Mega

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Great so far. Battery could be a tad betterbut overall pretty good. Still some quirks with the forwarding as not working as intended but my workaround seems to be holding up

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK