January 18, 2018, 08:10:52 PM
Hello Guest
 Samsung Galaxy Gear S

October 16, 2015, 12:01:55 PM
Reply #75

Offline megalomanic14

Re: Samsung Galaxy Gear S
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
Finally got my Gear S!!  Wearing it right now.  Several newbie questions... 

Can you reply to tapatalk posts on it?  Can you reply to anything other than samsung SMS messenger and samsung email app?  (neither of which I actually use).  Anyone actually get the heartrate sensor to pick up a heartrate?

Can you reply to tapatalk posts on it?  Can you reply to anything other than samsung SMS messenger and samsung email app?  (neither of which I actually use).  Anyone actually get the heartrate sensor to pick up a heartrate?

You can reply but all through Web browser so download opera. Hear rate is hit or miss. It sends to work when I do a workout but when I click to just see it fails a couple times.

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3
How are you guys liking the gear s?

Mega

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Great so far. Battery could be a tad betterbut overall pretty good. Still some quirks with the forwarding as not working as intended but my workaround seems to be holding up

From my Fired up N3
That's a bit of a bummer about the forwarding...the battery will settle once you get into a bit of a groove and playing with it all the time wears off...i typically go to bed with about 40% left after a full day of texting some calls and you can imagine how many notifications I get lol...that's cool man glad your enjoying it they're pretty amazing

Mega

October 17, 2015, 08:25:33 AM
Reply #76
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2015, 08:25:33 AM »
I was wondering what watch face do you guys use on your S? I use the big clock launcher as default. The other one I use at parties. People come up to me and ask...is that the apple watch? I show it to them and say, no its the mickey mouse watch  lol

October 17, 2015, 08:29:16 AM
Reply #77

Offline Zug

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »
I was wondering what watch face do you guys use on your S? I use the big clock launcher as default. The other one I use at parties. People come up to me and ask...is that the apple watch? I show it to them and say, no its the mickey mouse watch  lol
depends. ive swapped mine a few.. in the app store there is one called "Watcher"  it has a nice clock face but what i like about it is it has built in notifications for your calendar. like if you have something that is coming up that day it will show on the watch and then has a countdown as it gets near. if you swipe down on the face it will put the weather up there. but what it does is it puts a weather icon at each hour to show you what it is going to be hourly.. its quite cool.. if you havent  tried it, test it.. i really like that one..

of course you can also get the watch styler and create your own as well.. played around with that one a few times.. wish it had a bit more templates/fonts etc built in to use for time, date, etc

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Zug

LG V10 - Waiting on Mega's lovin
Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK
Crap load of older ones!! :)

October 17, 2015, 08:52:23 AM
Reply #78
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2015, 08:52:23 AM »
depends. ive swapped mine a few.. in the app store there is one called "Watcher"  it has a nice clock face but what i like about it is it has built in notifications for your calendar. like if you have something that is coming up that day it will show on the watch and then has a countdown as it gets near. if you swipe down on the face it will put the weather up there. but what it does is it puts a weather icon at each hour to show you what it is going to be hourly.. its quite cool.. if you havent  tried it, test it.. i really like that one..

of course you can also get the watch styler and create your own as well.. played around with that one a few times.. wish it had a bit more templates/fonts etc built in to use for time, date, etc

I saw the "watcher" app, I will give it a try. Watch styler I actually used for the mickey face and a few fancy ones.

October 19, 2015, 10:38:33 AM
Reply #79

Offline gregma

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »

I'm currently using the VintageDigitalClock.  It has numbers big enough for my tired eyes.  I also have the September free "Gear O'Clock" which is pretty cool.  I so wish they had a clock face to match my DeepBlue tritium t100 watch.  I love that sooooooo much! 

--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 19, 2015, 10:41:00 AM
Reply #80

Offline gregma

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »

You can reply but all through Web browser so download opera. Hear rate is hit or miss. It sends to work when I do a workout but when I click to just see it fails a couple times.

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3

Mega

Pretty good so far.  A few things I'm disappointed on.  Can't reply on the watch to anything other than texts and some email.  Wish I could reply to tapatalk or hangouts or kik or other chat proggies.  Wish there were a LOT more apps!!!  The number seems quite small and I haven't seen a new one in quite a while on the store.  I'm keeping it though, I do love it!
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 19, 2015, 11:03:03 AM
Reply #81

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2015, 11:03:03 AM »

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3

Mega

Pretty good so far.  A few things I'm disappointed on.  Can't reply on the watch to anything other than texts and some email.  Wish I could reply to tapatalk or hangouts or kik or other chat proggies.  Wish there were a LOT more apps!!!  The number seems quite small and I haven't seen a new one in quite a while on the store.  I'm keeping it though, I do love it!
That's great man...there's def a lack of apps...but for a completely new is from scratch 2 years ago it's not too bad imo...but def needs more...did you get pr 5 v2 all hooked up running?

Mega

October 19, 2015, 11:08:49 AM
Reply #82

Offline gregma

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2015, 11:08:49 AM »

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3

Mega

That's great man...there's def a lack of apps...but for a completely new is from scratch 2 years ago it's not too bad imo...but def needs more...did you get pr 5 v2 all hooked up running?

Mega

Didn't have much time this weekend, but planning on the next couple of days.  Just grabbed V2, and the latest of the other 5.1.1 build.  I did the first comparison, but there are a lot of differences between where the files are, so it was difficult to diff them.  Gotta extract both, then rearrange things, then compare.  Still have to install and get the kitchen working, then I can start getting back to making some system mods, maybe work on the APN for us TMO users so we can use MMS when connected to WiFi.  Other things you might need.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 19, 2015, 11:11:36 AM
Reply #83

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »

Hope that helps

From my Fired up N3

Mega

Mega

Didn't have much time this weekend, but planning on the next couple of days.  Just grabbed V2, and the latest of the other 5.1.1 build.  I did the first comparison, but there are a lot of differences between where the files are, so it was difficult to diff them.  Gotta extract both, then rearrange things, then compare.  Still have to install and get the kitchen working, then I can start getting back to making some system mods, maybe work on the APN for us TMO users so we can use MMS when connected to WiFi.  Other things you might need.
Cool man that'd be awesome

Mega

October 19, 2015, 01:55:26 PM
Reply #84

Offline Zug

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »

I'm currently using the VintageDigitalClock.  It has numbers big enough for my tired eyes.  I also have the September free "Gear O'Clock" which is pretty cool.  I so wish they had a clock face to match my DeepBlue tritium t100 watch.  I love that sooooooo much! 

Yeah I have that gear  o clock add well its nice.

Yeah Greg they need some more apps. Did you try logging onto the forums via opera? Should be able to reply that way just not an instant click like phone

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 19, 2015, 03:31:34 PM
Reply #85

Offline gregma

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
Yeah, I've tried the browser, but without a microscope, it's difficult to do anything :)
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 19, 2015, 06:20:51 PM
Reply #86

Offline Zug

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
Yeah, I've tried the browser, but without a microscope, it's difficult to do anything :)
Lol

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK

October 20, 2015, 09:59:41 AM
Reply #87

Offline gregma

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
I have to say I'm loving my Gear S!  Getting the notifications is awesome, even if I'm in another room of the apartment I know when someone texts me.  No more having to carry my phone everywhere. Or scrambling to answer a phone call. 
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 20, 2015, 12:41:48 PM
Reply #88

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Haha that's great dude

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 20, 2015, 02:45:25 PM
Reply #89

Offline Zug

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
I have to say I'm loving my Gear S!  Getting the notifications is awesome, even if I'm in another room of the apartment I know when someone texts me.  No more having to carry my phone everywhere. Or scrambling to answer a phone call.
See. . Yeah it's been fun to have and all the guys at work in awe of it lol

From my Fired up N3

Zug

Note 4 on FK
Note3 on FK
Note Pro 12.2 Wifi on FK