January 18, 2018, 08:22:59 PM
Hello Guest
 PopRocks 5.1 Tmo and Canadian

October 12, 2015, 11:55:11 AM
Reply #60

Offline megalomanic14

Re: PopRocks 5.1 Tmo and Canadian
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »
Thanks Mega for inviting me over. That update-binary has been quite the aggravation for flashing on T3. Even trying to replace the updater-binary file which no avail. Maybe its the doedex process??? Idk...
Welcome over man good to see you....

Yea its hard telling with so much misinformation man esp blind on the t3

it booted the first time ronnie tested it on 910t until I started retooling it based on wrong info of course lol

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

lol I could only imagine the frustration involved. If you need any more info, I can provide what I can

I'm ready to test all day today Mega.  When things are ready let me know and I'll start flashing.
An unbelievable amount lol...plus it makes it hard having little interest in the update to keep screwing with it

I'll mess with it a little bit this afternoon and update you guys...of either of you mess with your base...just the updater binary needs swapped...I'd also pull the kernel from the t3 build to remove that bit of the equation

Mega

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:03:40 PM by megalomanic14 »

The following users thanked this post: denson9874

October 12, 2015, 01:47:13 PM
Reply #61

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 01:47:13 PM »
Not sure if this will help or not Mega, but there is another TMO 5.1 build out there.  I installed it to get baseline for yours.  It installed and booted and operated just fine.  Might be an idea to take a look at it.  TEKXodus N4 URv3.2/v5 10/11 NOTE4/EDGE/S6/N5 LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 on the crap forum.

Ok sweet I'll check it out...yea I'd def try swapping the kernel...i cant think of anything that would block the build it's based off your guys t3 dog1 base lol

Mega

So I tried flashing the kernel right after the original ROM zip and while it didn't give me the no OS or no SuperSU installed warnings, it still was stuck trying to boot like earlier. This is also the message I get when trying to install the ROM before I switched the meta inf

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mega for inviting me over. That update-binary has been quite the aggravation for flashing on T3. Even trying to replace the updater-binary file which no avail. Maybe its the doedex process??? Idk...
Welcome over man good to see you....

Yea its hard telling with so much misinformation man esp blind on the t3

it booted the first time ronnie tested it on 910t until I started retooling it based on wrong info of course lol

Mega

lol I could only imagine the frustration involved. If you need any more info, I can provide what I can
Someone try something out before I upload another build...try swapping out the update binary from meta inf and flash...that's the error that popped up...if it gives an error snap a photo...that will narrow things down as I can't see anything in the script out of place

If you try on t3 just remove the kernel from the zip

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk

October 12, 2015, 05:29:21 PM
Reply #62

Offline Phone

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
Someone try something out before I upload another build...try swapping out the update binary from meta inf and flash...that's the error that popped up...if it gives an error snap a photo...that will narrow things down as I can't see anything in the script out of place

Mega

I got out of work early, so I can try testing stuff on my T3. I want to get some stuff clarified so I can make sure the test are actually helpful instead of getting more misinformation out there; the kernel is the boot.img in the su folder, correct? Also, do I replace the update binary from the meta inf folder with the same one from your previous post or do I use a different one? would it be better to use the one from the emotion kernel or from the ROM gregma posted? Not sure if that ROM flashes on both the T as well as the T3, but there is another ROM that has specific versions for both the T3 and T model, it's [ROM] Maximum OvrDriVE v3.0[DOG1-N910T/N910T3] v2[COG2-N910T], also on XDA, would that one be of more help?

October 12, 2015, 05:31:34 PM
Reply #63

Offline gregma

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

Mega

I got out of work early, so I can try testing stuff on my T3. I want to get some stuff clarified so I can make sure the test are actually helpful instead of getting more misinformation out there; the kernel is the boot.img in the su folder, correct? Also, do I replace the update binary from the meta inf folder with the same one from your previous post or do I use a different one? would it be better to use the one from the emotion kernel or from the ROM gregma posted? Not sure if that ROM flashes on both the T as well as the T3, but there is another ROM that has specific versions for both the T3 and T model, it's [ROM] Maximum OvrDriVE v3.0[DOG1-N910T/N910T3] v2[COG2-N910T], also on XDA, would that one be of more help?

Fyi.  That ROM has both T and T3 builds.  Also does not require a special kernal.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 12, 2015, 05:32:37 PM
Reply #64

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »

Mega

Use the original script from the build...yes kernel is boot.img...the kernel script wasn't a full build script...not sure about the build posted bit just swap the binary from my meta inf...the idea is to get actual correct info to see what direction is needed...should boot on both when I get the proper info to sort it

Otherwise you can pull any meta inf and slop it in to test a second flash after testing the binary swap to narrow down what's what

Mega

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:39:08 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 12, 2015, 05:33:16 PM
Reply #65

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »

Mega

Fyi.  That ROM has both T and T3 builds.  Also does not require a special kernal.
They all do to boot on our note...may be built in but no way around it

Mega

October 12, 2015, 05:35:47 PM
Reply #66

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
The build may end up getting split into t3 and t builds...but I have to see what's actually happening first lol

Mega

The following users thanked this post: dmkarkutt

October 12, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
Reply #67
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »
It's still being tested and sorted for both n4...but the newest pr build is running just as fast and efficient from everything I've seen...they'll be ostensibly identical

Yea I can't imagine tbh...my buddy is really struggling with his n5 and he only has to go 3 months of carrying it to get it free and he's at 2 months now and losing his mind...charging 2 to 3 times in an 8 hour shift of light to moderate use and nearly a full storage already lol just insane...least you got the novelty of it...I know all but like 2 guys that picked it up out of everyone on the threads returned it

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Adios Note 5 - back in the box, and headed to T-Mobile store after dinner. Better luck next year, Samsung!
iPhone 3g -> Thunderbolt -> Note 2 -> Note 3 -> Note 4 -Note 5 (ha!) -> Note 4 running PR

October 12, 2015, 06:08:13 PM
Reply #68

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
It's still being tested and sorted for both n4...but the newest pr build is running just as fast and efficient from everything I've seen...they'll be ostensibly identical

Yea I can't imagine tbh...my buddy is really struggling with his n5 and he only has to go 3 months of carrying it to get it free and he's at 2 months now and losing his mind...charging 2 to 3 times in an 8 hour shift of light to moderate use and nearly a full storage already lol just insane...least you got the novelty of it...I know all but like 2 guys that picked it up out of everyone on the threads returned it

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Adios Note 5 - back in the box, and headed to T-Mobile store after dinner. Better luck next year, Samsung!
Lol what made you go back I thought you were enjoying it? Haha

Mega

October 12, 2015, 06:11:44 PM
Reply #69
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
Not worth the trade-offs. Samsung Pay is pretty cool, but the less shopping for toys I do, the better. No PR, no root, no mods, no battery swap, no SD card = total fail. I can't get through a day without charging and have had swappable batteries since I came over from the kiddie-side (iOS). Ain't givin' 'em up! Wish I could be more helpful on this 5.1 matter, but y'all are over my head. I probably shouldn't be posting in this forum to keep from junking it up.
iPhone 3g -> Thunderbolt -> Note 2 -> Note 3 -> Note 4 -Note 5 (ha!) -> Note 4 running PR

October 12, 2015, 06:33:08 PM
Reply #70

Offline dmkarkutt

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
Hey Mega what could I do to help with info?

October 12, 2015, 06:35:45 PM
Reply #71

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
Not worth the trade-offs. Samsung Pay is pretty cool, but the less shopping for toys I do, the better. No PR, no root, no mods, no battery swap, no SD card = total fail. I can't get through a day without charging and have had swappable batteries since I came over from the kiddie-side (iOS). Ain't givin' 'em up! Wish I could be more helpful on this 5.1 matter, but y'all are over my head. I probably shouldn't be posting in this forum to keep from junking it up.
Great description man...that's almost verbatim what my buddy is going thru ..and hell no post wherever you want bro lol...the 5.1 is just some bs with the script once it's sorted thru the t3 mess and flashing well be set

Mega

October 12, 2015, 06:39:27 PM
Reply #72

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »
Feedback...how's it running? Battery life/sot? How's the camera? Etc...just basic info about the improvements...any bugs or issues build wise?

Also it will be beneficial much like the info that helped people device fk or pr for xposed...to go pr 5.1 vs 5.0 for the kernel issues and more limited mods...the tradeoffs etc usual stuff bro. ..then I can add the mods back...Thanks a lot dude

Mega

The following users thanked this post: dmkarkutt

October 12, 2015, 07:07:24 PM
Reply #73

Offline dmkarkutt

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
Feedback...how's it running? Battery life/sot? How's the camera? Etc...just basic info about the improvements...any bugs or issues build wise?

Also it will be beneficial much like the info that helped people device fk or pr for xposed...to go pr 5.1 vs 5.0 for the kernel issues and more limited mods...the tradeoffs etc usual stuff bro. ..then I can add the mods back...Thanks a lot dude

Mega

I'll do some more testing n get back? I'll try xposed lol as well
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:11:48 PM by dmkarkutt »

October 12, 2015, 07:08:40 PM
Reply #74

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »

Mega

I'll do some more testing n get back? I'll try closed as well
Sure man that works...what's closed bro?

Mega