January 18, 2018, 08:25:17 PM
Hello Guest
 PopRocks 5.1 Tmo and Canadian

October 12, 2015, 07:12:14 PM
Reply #75

Offline dmkarkutt

Re: PopRocks 5.1 Tmo and Canadian
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »
Hey Mega what could I do to help with info?
Feedback...how's it running? Battery life/sot? How's the camera? Etc...just basic info about the improvements...any bugs or issues build wise?

Also it will be beneficial much like the info that helped people device fk or pr for xposed...to go pr 5.1 vs 5.0 for the kernel issues and more limited mods...the tradeoffs etc usual stuff bro. ..then I can add the mods back...Thanks a lot dude

Mega

Sent from my LGL23 using Tapatalk
I'll do some more testing n get back? I'll try closed as well
Sure man that works...what's closed bro?

Mega

xposed lol typo my bad

October 12, 2015, 07:14:09 PM
Reply #76

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »
Hey Mega what could I do to help with info?
Feedback...how's it running? Battery life/sot? How's the camera? Etc...just basic info about the improvements...any bugs or issues build wise?

Also it will be beneficial much like the info that helped people device fk or pr for xposed...to go pr 5.1 vs 5.0 for the kernel issues and more limited mods...the tradeoffs etc usual stuff bro. ..then I can add the mods back...Thanks a lot dude

Mega

I'll do some more testing n get back? I'll try closed as well
Sure man that works...what's closed bro?

Mega

xposed lol typo my bad
Haha no worries...sounds good

Mega

October 12, 2015, 07:14:35 PM
Reply #77

Offline dmkarkutt

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »
FYI tho running is smooth so fluid n quick recents. last charge was just over 4 hr sot. The camera is as always bad ass!!! I haven't noticed much difference between prv14 n it

October 12, 2015, 07:26:24 PM
Reply #78

Offline Phone

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »
this one is with only replacing the files rather than in the meta inf (binary and script)

this one is with no kernel

this one is replacing just the update binary

and this one is unzipping the zip, deleting meta inf and replacing it with the other one, then rezipping it

anything else you want me to try?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

October 12, 2015, 08:03:42 PM
Reply #79

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »
this one is with only replacing the files rather than in the meta inf (binary and script)

this one is with no kernel

this one is replacing just the update binary

and this one is unzipping the zip, deleting meta inf and replacing it with the other one, then rezipping it

anything else you want me to try?

Ok perfect thank you...no that should be good...weird with the last one it doesn't make sense of it was from a t3 build lol...Def will help me narrow things down man and I think it's gonna end up being split builds...thanks bro

Mega 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:05:49 PM by megalomanic14 »

October 12, 2015, 08:13:32 PM
Reply #80

Offline Phone

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 08:13:32 PM »

Ok perfect thank you...no that should be good...weird with the last one it doesn't make sense of it was from a t3 build lol...Def will help me narrow things down man and I think it's gonna end up being split builds...thanks bro

Mega 

The meta inf I used to replace things with is the one you posted in post 33 of this thread. The only difference with the last one is that it was unzipped and rezipped, the others were edited without unzipping them. I used 7-zip for all of it.

October 12, 2015, 08:25:14 PM
Reply #81

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »

Mega 

The meta inf I used to replace things with is the one you posted in post 33 of this thread. The only difference with the last one is that it was unzipped and rezipped, the others were edited without unzipping them. I used 7-zip for all of it.

ok cool man... thanks for the Info and screens

Mega

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

October 13, 2015, 10:58:26 AM
Reply #82

Offline gregma

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:26 AM »
Someone try something out before I upload another build...try swapping out the update binary from meta inf and flash...that's the error that popped up...if it gives an error snap a photo...that will narrow things down as I can't see anything in the script out of place

If you try on t3 just remove the kernel from the zip

Mega

I got out of work early, so I can try testing stuff on my T3. I want to get some stuff clarified so I can make sure the test are actually helpful instead of getting more misinformation out there; the kernel is the boot.img in the su folder, correct? Also, do I replace the update binary from the meta inf folder with the same one from your previous post or do I use a different one? would it be better to use the one from the emotion kernel or from the ROM gregma posted? Not sure if that ROM flashes on both the T as well as the T3, but there is another ROM that has specific versions for both the T3 and T model, it's [ROM] Maximum OvrDriVE v3.0[DOG1-N910T/N910T3] v2[COG2-N910T], also on XDA, would that one be of more help?

Fyi.  That ROM has both T and T3 builds.  Also does not require a special kernal.
They all do to boot on our note...may be built in but no way around it

Mega

Right you are, as usual, R22 Emotion Kernel Included.
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 13, 2015, 11:21:34 AM
Reply #83

Offline gregma

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Coming up to speed, just backed up my N4T.  Is this based on the T3?  Or the Canada T?
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 13, 2015, 12:09:13 PM
Reply #84

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »
Someone try something out before I upload another build...try swapping out the update binary from meta inf and flash...that's the error that popped up...if it gives an error snap a photo...that will narrow things down as I can't see anything in the script out of place

Mega

I got out of work early, so I can try testing stuff on my T3. I want to get some stuff clarified so I can make sure the test are actually helpful instead of getting more misinformation out there; the kernel is the boot.img in the su folder, correct? Also, do I replace the update binary from the meta inf folder with the same one from your previous post or do I use a different one? would it be better to use the one from the emotion kernel or from the ROM gregma posted? Not sure if that ROM flashes on both the T as well as the T3, but there is another ROM that has specific versions for both the T3 and T model, it's [ROM] Maximum OvrDriVE v3.0[DOG1-N910T/N910T3] v2[COG2-N910T], also on XDA, would that one be of more help?

Fyi.  That ROM has both T and T3 builds.  Also does not require a special kernal.

Mega

Coming up to speed, just backed up my N4T.  Is this based on the T3?  Or the Canada T?
No worries lol...the non can build is based on the t3 ...for the N910T we have to be on COG2 and flash the modem and nonhlos bits...but I'm gonna post a revised test build probably this afternoon

Mega

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 13, 2015, 12:32:24 PM
Reply #85

Offline gregma

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »

Mega

Mega

No worries lol...the non can build is based on the t3 ...for the N910T we have to be on COG2 and flash the modem and nonhlos bits...but I'm gonna post a revised test build probably this afternoon

Mega

Perfect, I'll wait! 
Although my GF is staying the night tonight.  Probably won't be doing much in the way of looking at my phone.  LOL
--Greg

TWO Violations

TWRP Recovery

October 13, 2015, 12:35:31 PM
Reply #86

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2015, 12:35:31 PM »

Mega

Mega

Mega

Perfect, I'll wait! 
Although my GF is staying the night tonight.  Probably won't be doing much in the way of looking at my phone.  LOL
Lol you have more important business to take care of haha

Mega

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

October 13, 2015, 06:09:42 PM
Reply #87

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »
About to finish up the 5.1 tmo test 2 and start uploading it...

Mega

The following users thanked this post: dmkarkutt

October 13, 2015, 07:59:21 PM
Reply #88

Offline dmkarkutt

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2015, 07:59:21 PM »

Mega

Do you want me to try this or keep running the canadian version. I will upload screen shots later i finally hit 4 hr sot. I hit 51826 antutu and 30212 on quadrant and it still very smooth i have had no issues at all

October 13, 2015, 08:07:23 PM
Reply #89

Offline megalomanic14

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »

Mega

Do you want me to try this or keep running the canadian version. I will upload screen shots later i finally hit 4 hr sot. I hit 51826 antutu and 30212 on quadrant and it still very smooth i have had no issues at all

No you should just keep rocking the Canadian build bro...glad to hear everything's running good...it sounds pretty similar to pr 5.0...is there anything specific to the 5.1 update you've found? Thanks for the info

I'll update the mods as usual into the next build bar any unforseen issues that should need addressed

Mega

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:26:46 PM by megalomanic14 »

The following users thanked this post: dmkarkutt