January 17, 2018, 09:44:14 AM
Hello Guest
 [Cases] What do you keep your phone in?

October 10, 2015, 04:28:33 PM
Reply #15

Offline Scrappy610

Re: [Cases] What do you keep your phone in?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
I'm partial to cases that protect my screen, so I lean towards flip type cases.
I've had Otter's and they do a good job if you're gonna drop it off a building... so long as the screen doesn't hit anything.
I've dropped a phone from my lap and had the screen hit my chair roller and break.   
Build material and size are also important.
Cases with large or sticky outer surfaces don't work well when the phone moves in & out of my pockets.
I want full access to buttons, pen, USB and don't want to pull the phone from the case and find damage from what was supposed to be protecting it.

I was in a rush to get protection when I got the phone & made the mistake of buying the ($45) S-View cover from the store.  ::)
I was disappointed that the case is plastic (I prefer leather) but the S-View features seemed kind of cool... turns out the only thing I really used it for was to check the time.   
My phone is either in my hand, pocket or open on my desk for full screen use.
Full screen beats less than half IMO... I will admit to liking the auto screen on on opening.
What finally wore me out was the plastic see through screen constantly leaving a blurry/greasy residue on my screen from the plastic outgassing. 

I ended up with one of these in black and would like to get one in vintage Italian leather if they'd make it.

eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151629117400
That's a nice looking case

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L03 using Tapatalk

Samsung Note 5, Huawei P8 Lite, Honor 5X, LeMax Pro 2, Huawei GX8

October 12, 2015, 10:40:55 AM
Reply #16

Offline gregma

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »
I'm partial to cases that protect my screen, so I lean towards flip type cases.
I've had Otter's and they do a good job if you're gonna drop it off a building... so long as the screen doesn't hit anything.
I've dropped a phone from my lap and had the screen hit my chair roller and break.   
Build material and size are also important.
Cases with large or sticky outer surfaces don't work well when the phone moves in & out of my pockets.
I want full access to buttons, pen, USB and don't want to pull the phone from the case and find damage from what was supposed to be protecting it.

I was in a rush to get protection when I got the phone & made the mistake of buying the ($45) S-View cover from the store.  ::)
I was disappointed that the case is plastic (I prefer leather) but the S-View features seemed kind of cool... turns out the only thing I really used it for was to check the time.   
My phone is either in my hand, pocket or open on my desk for full screen use.
Full screen beats less than half IMO... I will admit to liking the auto screen on on opening.
What finally wore me out was the plastic see through screen constantly leaving a blurry/greasy residue on my screen from the plastic outgassing. 

I ended up with one of these in black and would like to get one in vintage Italian leather if they'd make it.

eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151629117400
That's a nice looking case

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L03 using Tapatalk

That's beautiful!  And only $8.88??  OMG
--Greg

TWO Violations

TMobile - Note 4 [Powered by: PopRocks Rom V14XxXR: TW Rom Based On Tmo Stock LP Base Cod6: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient]
TWRP Recovery

October 27, 2015, 06:33:41 AM
Reply #17
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 06:33:41 AM »
Might be too late but I'm using the Urban Armor Gear. Doesn't add too much bulk and IMHO think it's one of then best looking cases. Phone has been dropped a few times by the kids and it's still flawless. I paid $40 for it when it first released but I think it can be had for $20 now.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

October 27, 2015, 12:47:55 PM
Reply #18

Offline trichrome1

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
The Ringke Slim case has been excellent! The vents keep the phone cool and its survived a few decent falls.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Rogers (Canada)
Note 4